The Franklin Regional Council of Governments offers multiple resources and training opportunities for municipal officials. We are always looking for feedback on the types of trainings and workshops our municipal officials would like to see.
Resources on this page include the following (click on the title to jump to that section):
Municipal Wage and Salary Survey FY17
Local Official Workshop Series
Materials from Past Workshops
Municipal Wage & Salary Survey
The Franklin Regional Council of Governments publishes an annual Wage and Salary Survey for Franklin County local officials, providing information on municipal compensation and benefits packages.
Municipal Services Directory
The Franklin Regional Council of Governments annually publishes a Municipal Services Directory which lists contact information for municipal officials, departments, and services for each of the county’s 26 municipalities.
If you find any inaccuracies or wish to update the information from your municipality for either the Wage and Salary Survey or the Municipal Directory, please do not hesitate to contact Rebekah Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-774-3167, ext. 100.
Local Official Capacity Building Workshop Series
The Workshop Series is a monthly series that provides new and veteran town officials with continuing education on statutory requirements, best practices, and emerging issues of town governance. All town officials are always welcome.
The workshops are free but we request that you register ahead of time. A flyer will be available before each workshop on the Meetings and Events calendar on this website. All workshops are held at the John W. Olver Transit Center, 12 Olive Street, Greenfield, Massachusetts.
Materials from the Local Official Capacity Building Series 2016-2017
Commercial Wood Heat and Air Quality Peltier
Materials from Selectboard Essentials Workshops, 2015-2016
USDA Rural Devpt. Presentation
USDA Program Matrix Handout Rev. 04 2015 (3)
DESE Regional School District Minimum Contribution Formula Presentation 2015.12.10
Town Financial Management Review 2015.9.16
Materials from Past Workshops:
Click here to review presentations from the Selectboard Essentials Series of 2014-2015
Click here to review presentations from the Selectboard Essentials Series of 2013-2014
Click here to see the materials from our 2014/15 Municipal Financial Management Workshop Series
Click here for materials from our 204/15 Conservation Commission Workshops
Please contact email@example.com for hard copies of the materials from a particular session.
Interesting Links for Local Officials
Other Municipal Agencies
Massachusetts Municipal Association
Franklin County Regional Agencies
- Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
- Franklin County Solid Waste Management District
- Franklin County Regional Housing Authority
- Franklin County CDC
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Office of Public Safety and Security
- Department of Housing and Economic Development
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Revenue
- Division of Local Services
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- State Data Center
Regional Planning Agencies
- Berkshire Regional Planning Commission
- Cape Cod Commission
- Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission
- Martha’s Vineyard Commission
- Merrimack Valley Planning Commission
- Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Montachusett Regional Planning Commission
- Nantucket Planning and Economic Development Commission
- Northern Middlesex Council of Governments
- Old Colony Planning Council
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- Southeastern Regional Planning & Economic Development District