In January the FRCOG Council endorsed the FRCOG’s FY2017 budget. Budget highlights budget are:
- 6% increase to health insurance, as voted by the Hampshire Insurance Trust.
- OPEB payment of $150,000.
- 2% Increase to staff wages.
- Using new revenues and with no financial impact to towns, staffing in the Finance Department increased to include a part-time Grant Fiscal Manager.
- Minor increases to audit costs, staff training and development, and special project costs.
- Capital expense of $11,000 to purchase a new server and associated software and equipment.
This results in a small increase to the Regional Services Assessment of 1.7%. There is also very little change to assessments for participation in the Municipal Service Programs: Cooperative Purchasing, Cooperative Public Health Service, Town Accounting, and the Franklin County Cooperative Inspection Program.
View the Budget and/or the Budget Development Workbook, with detailed and transparent information about the FRCOG’s finances. FRCOG staff are always available to meet with Select Boards and/or Finance Committees and attend Town Meeting to explain the FRCOG budget. Please contact email@example.com with questions or if you would like us to attend any of your meetings.