OUR VISION: The CHIP Network’s vision is that all residents of Franklin County and the North Quabbin Region will have the opportunity to pursue healthy lifestyles, to participate in shaping the systems that affect their health, and to achieve social, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being.
OUR MISSION: With this vision in mind, we intend for the CHIP Network to:
- Identify priority health needs and disparities and the factors that contribute to them;
- Build on our strengths by identifying current resources in the community to address priority health issues;
- Identify and support the implementation of effective strategies for addressing priority health needs;
- Reduce gaps and duplication in services;
- Increase our collective ability to secure resources to improve health in our region.
The Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) Network is made up of people who are interested in making our region a healthier, more equitable place to live, work, and play. We meet several times each year to hear updates from the CHIP work groups and to learn from one another. Everyone is welcome at these meetings! Three more are scheduled for 2022: June 8, Sept 7, and Nov 2.
Upcoming CHIP Network Events!
- Wednesday June 8, 2022, 3-4:30PM
CHIP Network meeting – Peer Support focus
The Community Health Improvement Plan for Franklin County and the North Quabbin is supported with funding from Baystate Health and the Massachusetts Community Health and Healthy Aging Funds.
We are in the implementation phase for the 2021-2023 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) that was developed in 2020 by our CHIP Network.
- Poster showing 2021-23 strategies sorted by health factors (11×17, PDF)
- 2021 to 23 CHIP 3 year plan with 2021 actions highlighted (14 pages, PDF)
- CHIP Legislative Agenda 2021-22 update Dec 2021 (4 pages, PDF)
- Archived materials from the 2017-2020 Community Health Improvement Plan
CHIP 2021-2023 Work Groups focus on specific Determinants of Health and Priority Heath Needs:
Social Environment: Anxiety & Depression
- Co-chairs: Sandi Walters and Timothy Ranney-Blake
- Next meeting: October 12, 3pm
- Web page for this working group: https://frcog.org/chip-mental-wellness/
Community Supports for Young People
Social Environment: Age at First Use
- Communities that Care Coalition work groups
- Web page for this work: https://frcog.org/chip-prevention/
Active Living and Healthy Eating
Physical Environment: Type 2 Diabetes
- Co-chairs: Maureen Mullaney and Rachel Stoler
- Next meeting: June 15, 10-11:30am
- Web page for this working group: https://frcog.org/chip-healthy-living/
Health Equity Data
- Contact: Phoebe Walker
To learn more:
- To subscribe to the CHIP email list, or get connected with CHIP working groups, contact project coordinator Jen Audley: email@example.com | 413-774-3167 x 126
- Visit the FRCOG’s website calendar for Zoom links and meeting materials for CHIP events.
Improving Housing to Improve Health
(IH2) is a separate-but-related 5-year project, also supported by the MA CHHA funds, that is being coordinated by the FRCOG’s CHIP staff. Visit the project page at www.frcog.org/chip/ih2