- This event has passed.
Local Officials Workshop Series: Funding Municipal Water & Sewer Infrastructure in Small Towns
February 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Funding Municipal Water & Sewer Infrastructure in Small Towns: A Discussion with MVP, MassWorks, and MEMA
Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3pdE1Ga
The Franklin Regional Council of Governments (FRCOG), the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission (PVPC), and the Berkshire Regional Planning Commission (BRPC) invite municipal leaders and water & wastewater facility directors to an information session & discussion about state funding available for water and wastewater infrastructure.
This event is co-planned by the offices of Senator Jo Comerford, Senator Adam Hinds, and Representative Natalie Blais and co-hosted by the western Massachusetts state legislative delegation.
The session will focus primarily on the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) program, MassWorks Infrastructure Program, and the Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) program.
The presentation & discussion will:
- provide an overview of existing State grant programs available to small towns for water and wastewater infrastructure
- discuss the impact of the new Community One Stop for Growth (a new single application portal and collaborative review process) on existing grant resources and previously established application processes
- provide a forum for municipal leaders to discuss funding priorities in their communities with granting agencies
Presenters include representatives from:
- The Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
- The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
Go here to register! https://bit.ly/3pdE1Ga
After filling out the registration link, you will receive a Zoom link and call-in information.
There is no cost for this workshop.
Workshop slides are linked here:
- BRIC Slides
- MassDEP Rural Water Slides REVISED
- MVP Slides
- USDA WEP Overview Slides
- EOHED MassWorks Slides
The workshop recording is on YouTube, here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCseMmca1wVygR2Qthpr1mHw
Questions? Contact Amanda Doster at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 774-3167 x120.