- This event has passed.
Local Officials Workshop Series: FinCom 101
November 5, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
New & veteran Finance Committee members (and anyone else interested) are invited to:
FinCom 101: A Virtual Presentation & Discussion about the roles and responsibilities of Municipal Finance Committees
This workshop will:
- Give an overview of Finance Committee responsibilities
- Provide an introduction to the budget process, including forecasting, capital planning, and the fiscal calendar
- Review best practices in formal financial policies
- Identify the many resources available to support FinCom members in fulfilling their responsibilities
- & give new members from around the region a chance to meet each other and ask questions of the presenters.
Presenters include staff from MA Division of Local Services Technical Assistance Bureau.
Go here to register! https://tinyurl.com/FinCom101 A Zoom link & call-in number will be emailed to registered participants.
Questions? Contact Amanda Doster at email@example.com. Handouts from the workshop will be posted here on the day of the event.