The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has issued a draft of the 2018 State Rail Plan. The plan outlines the Commonwealth’s long-term plan for the statewide rail system. The 2018 State Rail Plan provides an overview of:
- The existing rail system;
- The system’s overall role in the transportation network;
- How the system is financed;
- Near-term priorities; and
- A long-term investment strategy.
The draft is now available on the MassDOT website. Public comments will be accepted until February 19, 2018.