Fall ’22 COVID-19 and Flu vaccination clinics:
Vaccine for ages 6 months and older, booster for ages 5 and older, all vaccines are no cost. Updated Omicron-specific (bivalent) booster is available for ages 5+ who received a shot (end of primary series or booster dose) at least two months ago. Register online or walk-ins welcome. Bring your ID, insurance card and vaccination card. You can receive both the flu and COVID vaccines during the same visit. Click here for a poster of the clinics.
Ashfield, Bernardston, Buckland, Charlemont, Northfield, Rowe, and first Greenfield and Montague clinics are done. Still upcoming:
Pioneer Valley Regional School Flu & COVID clinic: Saturday, Dec 3, 12-3PM. Click here to register
Turners Falls/Hillcrest Elementary School Flu & COVID clinic: Tuesday, December 13, 3:45 – 6:45 PM. Click here to register.
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine now?
- Anyone over the age of 6 months is now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine
- Vaccine doses are age-dependent
- Across all age groups, vaccines have been rigorously tested, and have shown to be safe, effective and protective against serious illness and death
- Learn more about COVID-19 vaccine recommendations for people who are moderately or severely immunocompromised.
Booster dose eligibility depends on age & type of primary series vaccines received:
- Booster doses: ages 5 and up are eligible. Your booster does not need to be the same vaccine brand as your original COVID-19 vaccination, but does need to be age appropriate. Click here to check if you or your child are eligible
- Second booster: Omicron-specific (bivalent) booster: Recommended for ages 5+ who received a shot (end of primary series or booster dose) over 2 months ago. CDC and Mass DPH recommend receiving this bivalent booster dose as soon as possible. Click here to check if you or your child are eligible
Schedule a COVID vaccine appointment in Franklin County:
Big Y: (Address: 237 Mohawk Trail/Route 2, Greenfield) Online booking only. Note: the link only works with the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge. Schedule at Big Y here
Rite Aid: (Address: 107 Main Street, Greenfield) Click here to book vaccine appointment online or call (413) 774-2201. Note: scheduling website available in both English and Spanish.
Walgreens (Address: 5 Pierce Street, Greenfield and 240 Avenue A, Turners Falls) Click here to book vaccine appointment online or call (800) 925-4733. Note: online scheduling requires signing in to Walgreens online pharmacy account.
Baker Pharmacy (Address: 52 Bridge Street, Shelburne Falls) Call 413-625-6324 to schedule.
Walmart: (Address: 555 East Main Street, Orange) Click here to book appointment online.
Other Options: Visit the State VaxFinder site. For individuals who are unable to use VaxFinder, or have difficulty accessing the Internet, the COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Line is available by calling 2-1-1 (Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM, Saturday and Sunday 9 AM – 2 PM). The COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Line is available in English and Spanish and has translators available in approximately 100 additional languages.
How to Schedule a Pop-up Vaccination Clinic at workplaces or events
- Click here to request a Walgreens clinic at your event/location.
- Click here to schedule a CVS clinic onsite — minimum 30 people.
- Click here to schedule a state mobile clinic.
Is it very hard for you to get to a vaccination appointment? Someone can come to you to administer a vaccine. Call the State Homebound Vaccination Program phone number 833-983-0485.
Vaccine Safety Information
Vaccines are safe and are one of the best ways to protect yourself and those around you from getting sick from COVID-19. The vaccine doesn’t contain the virus that causes COVID-19, so it can’t make you sick. You may experience mild side effects after getting the vaccine, but this is a sign that your body is learning how to protect you. The COVID-19 vaccine was developed quickly but all of the same safety steps were followed for this vaccine that are used for all vaccines.
Running A Vaccine Clinic?
Color Software Quick Guides: