The Franklin County Emergency Communications System Oversight Committee oversees construction and maintenance of a regional interoperable communications system linking police, fire, emergency medical services, and dispatch communications throughout and beyond the Franklin County region. Committee membership consists of a representative from the Franklin County Police Chiefs Association, the Franklin County Fire Chiefs Association, the Franklin County Emergency Medical Services Committee, the Franklin Regional Council of Governments Executive Committee, Tri-State Fire Mutual Aid, Shelburne Dispatch Control, and the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office. The Committee meets monthly.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Interoperable Radio System (CoMIRS) is a statewide 700/800 MHz trunked radio system that serves as the statewide emergency services communications backbone. CoMIRS is used by municipal, regional and state public safety entities, providing operable and interoperable communications for over 250 public safety and transportation agencies throughout the state. The system supports interoperability channels for use by eligible users.
Radio System Trouble
If you experience an issue while using the radio system in Franklin County, please use this Radio System Trouble Ticket to let us know. The radio system manager will contact you within 48 hours to confirm that he is working on the issue you reported.
Technical Assistance Documents for CoMIRS Radios
- Franklin County Emergency Communications CoMIRS Transition Plan
- Video: An Introduction to the Digital 800 Radio System with Deerfield Chief of Police John Paciorek Jr.
- Portable Radio Guide
- Franklin County Zone/Channel Worksheet
- FCECS/CoMIRS Radio Emergency Button
- Two-Way Radio Battery Care Tips
- Unication Pager Report on the FCECS and 800 Systems
Franklin County Radio System Migration to CoMIRS Memorandum of Agreement Q&A Forum
- FCECS Minutes from September 2021
- FCECS Minutes from August 2021
- FCECS Minutes from July 2021
- FCECS Minutes from June 2021
- FCECS Minutes from May 2021
- FCECS Minutes from April 2021
- FCECS Minutes from March 2021
- FCECS Minutes from February 2021
- FCECS Minutes from January 2021
- FCECS Minutes from December 2020
- FCECS Minutes from November 2020
- FCECS Minutes from October 2020
- FCECS Minutes from September 2020
- FCECS Minutes from August 2020