The Franklin County Cooperative Inspection Program (FCCIP) provides state-mandated building, electrical, and plumbing/gas inspection services (or a subset thereof) to 16 Franklin County towns and is responsible for zoning enforcement in 15 towns. The program’s mission is to provide participating towns with professional inspection services by certified inspectors and to be a clearinghouse for information regarding building, zoning, plumbing/gas, and wiring requirements.
The FCCIP Main Phone line can be accessed at 413-774-3167 x2. Extensions for specific staff can be found at the bottom of this page.
The fax # for FCCIP is 413-773-3169.
Building Inspection Program Hours: 8-4, M-Fri
The Building Inspection Program is staffed with two full-time, certified Inspectors. Code Enforcement services include processing applications, plan reviews, project inspections, periodic inspections of public buildings, zoning review and enforcement
The permitting software video walkthrough below will guide the viewer through setting up a new account to apply for a permit, logging into that new account, applying for a new permit, and working with existing permit applications.
Important Information on Paying for your Permit Online: For your convenience, you may pay for your permit online. The bank that processes our permit fees is UniBank, and their on-line payment division is called UniPay Gold. You may pay for your permit with either a checking account or debit or credit card. There is a convenience fee for the use of any of these options. However, convenience fees are much higher for credit cards than checking accounts due to credit card company rules. The convenience fee for paying through a checking account is only 25 cents. Debit and credit card charges.
Important Change to code: The 9th Edition Residential Code has introduced new structural requirements based on snow loads. See:
- Span Tables Floor Joists and Decks
- Span Tables for FCCIP Member Towns
- Girder and Header Spans for Exterior Walls
- Girder and Header Spans for Interior Walls
Guides & Tools
- When is a Building Permit Necessary?
- Guide to Obtaining a Permit for a New Home
- Building Area Modification Spreadsheet-9th Edition
Cooperative Inspection Program Policies
- Grandfathered Lot Research Application
- Initial Construction Control Document
- Required Inspections and Site Review Document
- Phased Construction Control Document
- Final Construction Control Document
- FCCIP Owner Authorization Form
- FCCIP Owner Authorization Form (Electrical)
- FCCIP Owner Authorization Form (Plumbing or Gas)
- FCCIP Owner Authorization Form (Sheet Metal)
- Affidavit of compliance-1-family door not subject to locking
- Affidavit of compliance-2 family door not subject to locking
- Affidavit Regarding Exit Doors for Accessory Apartment
- Owner Affidavit-multifamily
- Workers’ Compensation FormWorkers’ Compensation Affidavit
- Questionnaire for Structural Approval of Small PV Systems
- Residential Energy Compliance Certificate
- Solid Fuel Appliance Attachment For Online Application
- Tent Attachment For Online Application
- Smoke, CO, Heat Detection Record of Completion 1-2 Family
- Massachusetts Existing Building Code Checklist
- Commercial Hood Questionnaire
- Existing Building Checklist
- Occupancy sign
- Contractor Dismissal Letter_Form_and WComp Affidavit