A Board of Health works to maintain and improve the quality of life in their community by ensuring safe water, air and foods. Boards of Health:
- Enforce more 10+ state codes to ensure public health
- Act as the licensing authority for public health permits and licenses in their community
- Adopt, promulgate, amend, and repeal local public health regulations
- Hear appeals, variances or waivers to state or local public health regulations
- Conduct public health advocacy
- Set fees for public health permits and services
FRCOG works with local BOHs to identify and address common health issues, and provides support and capacity building opportunities to members of local Boards of Health and local health department staff.
This page provides links to resources and trainings for boards of health and health departments.
- Local Public Health Nurses Directory
- Overview of Local Public Health in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Association of Health Boards
- MA Dept. of Public Health Office of Local and Regional Health
- Local Public Health Institute of Massachusetts training library
- Western MA Public Health Association Seminars
- Franklin/Hampshire Public Health Field Training Hub Resource Library