Wage and Salary Survey
The FRCOG publishes the results of its Wage and Salary survey each winter, providing detailed information on municipal compensation and benefits packages for Franklin County local officials.
The Franklin Regional Council of Governments publishes a Municipal Directory which lists contact information for municipal officials, departments, and services for each of the county’s 26 municipalities.
If you find inaccuracies or wish to update the information from your municipality for either the Wage and Salary Survey or the Municipal Directory, please contact Rebekah Boyd.
Assessments to Towns
Each year, following the passage of the budget in late January, the FRCOG Finance Department releases the municipal assessments for annual membership, fee-for-service programs for the next fiscal year, and the Franklin County Emergency Communication System (FCECS) assessments.
- Approved FRCOG FY23 Municipal Membership and Fee-For-Services Assessment Notice
- Approved FY23 Franklin County Emergency Communication System Assessment Notice
District Local Technical Assistance (DLTA)
Thanks to the Baker/Polito Administration and the Legislature, the FRCOG is pleased to once again be able to offer member towns technical assistance on a wide variety of priority issues. Among the priorities that can be addressed using these DLTA funds are the Massachusetts Community Compact Best Practice Areas.
Local Official Capacity Building Workshops: Topics & Handouts
Please contact Rebekah Boyd for hard copies of the materials from a particular session.
- Diversifying Rural Housing Opportunities: a presentation & discussion about undoing racial and economic inequities in Franklin County’s housing market. Co-presentation with the Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). January 14, 2021.
- Funding Municipal Water & Sewer Infrastructure in Small Towns. Co-sponsored with BRPC, PVPC, Sens. Comerford & Hinds, and Rep. Blais. February 24, 2021.
- SAPHE Grant Information Session. March 18, 2021.
- Webinar: Massachusetts’ New State Model Floodplain Bylaw. April 14, 2021.
- Vaccine Community Conversation for Black, Indigenous and Person of Color Communities. April 29, 2021.
- Attorney General Office Neighborhood Renewal Division – Receiver Training. May 13, 2021.
- Short Term Rentals: Zoning, Building Codes, and State Sanitary Codes. June 3, 2021.
- Selectboard 101. August 19, 2021.
- Cybersecurity Workshop Series (8 sessions). Fall 2021
- ARPA: Overview, Procurement, and Compliance. November 18, 2021
- Safety Planning for Town Offices, Libraries, & Other Municipal Workplaces. January 9, 2021.
- Franklin County COVID Testing Capacity Fall Forecast. August 13, 2020.
- Selectboard 101. August 20, 2020.
- Municipal Reimbursement for COVID Expenses: An Information Session for Small Towns. September 10, 2020.
- Finance Committee 101. November 5, 2020.
- OSHA Compliance at Transfer Stations. November 12, 2020.
- Roles & Responsibilities of Boards (co-sponsor with Citizen Planner Training Collaborative and Pioneer Valley Planning Commission). December 2, 2020.
- Budget and Tax Recap – DOR DLS
- Age-Friendly Community Planning
- Town Moderator Resources
- Short Term Rental Resources for Towns
- Slides from the State of the County’s Emergency Preparedness Training on 12/6/18
- Materials from the November 2018 Municipal Finance training:
- Short Term Rentals and Your Town
- Elected Officials Preparedness Series
- Mass Atty General Office Adult Use Cannabis Muni Info Session Notes
- Abandoned Property Toolkit
- Cannabis Control Commission presentation on final regulations
- Marijuana and the Developing Brain
- Commercial Wood Heat and Air Quality Peltier
- MassDEP – Wood Heat and Air Quality
- Public Records Law
- USDA Rural Development Presentation
- DESE Regional School District Minimum Contribution Formula Presentation
- Town Financial Management Review
- Selectboard 101
- Selectboard Essentials Series of 2014-2015
- Selectboard Essentials Series of 2013-2014
- Municipal Financial Management Workshop Series
- Conservation Commission Workshops 2014-2015
Other Municipal Agencies
Franklin County Regional Agencies