The Greenfield Safe Schools Safe Streets Coalition (4SC) brings together youth, parents and families, educators, human service and healthcare providers, businesses, government agencies, and people from other parts of the community to support youth health and prevent youth substance use. 4SC serves all local youth whether they live, work, or go to school in Greenfield.
4SC works to support youth health and reduce youth substance use by:
- Hosting educational events for parents and others raising youth
- Coordinating a youth leadership group called Youth for Change, whose members work on a variety of projects, including educational campaigns aimed at other students and advocate for youth-friendly policies
- Providing training and support for school staff and other professionals in the community
- Sharing data from the annual Student Health Survey about youth substance use and many related attitudes, behaviors, and experiences
- Co-chairing a workgroup of the Communities That Care Coalition that focuses on improving local policies and norms so that the community is an easier place for youth to stay away from alcohol and drugs and is supportive of people in recovery
- Promoting effective programs in the schools like the LifeSkills Training and policies that support school-connectedness
The 4SC hosts a website in collaboration with the Gill-Montague Community School Partnership that contains links to their event calendar and resources.