The FRCOG purchasing staff attended the Operational Services Division webinar January 6 regarding purchasing RAPID ANTIGEN TESTS FOR COVID 19.
We felt the most important points to convey to you are:
- You do not need a Commbuys Account to purchase- just use a Town Purchase Order, noting the Statewide contract number on your order.
- Prices are “fluid” so what you might have quoted on Tuesday could be different on Wednesday.
- ARPA Funds can be used to purchase kits; however, there is a fair amount of paperwork on your end to use ARPA funds. It was mentioned in the webinar that the kits cannot be for the general public when using ARPA funds and it’s a bit unclear if you can get reimbursed from the public for them. You should check with Town Counsel before charging money for the test kits.
- Non profits can use the statewide contracts to purchase kits
- It is best to simply EMAIL the contract manager for the company rather than call. This gives you and them better tracking of your order
- Some companies are on the west coast, so don’t be alarmed if they don’t get back to you right away
- Some of these kits require a smartphone App to read the result, if your users don’t have smart phones you should stay away from them.
- Beware that the best prices are for kits that have multiple tests in a box but only have ONE bottle of the liquid, so they can’t be taken home and used.
- Many have a 100 test kit minimum, but that doesn’t seem out of reach for towns to purchase on their own, so at this time, FRCOG is not planning to do a bulk purchase. We would not save you any money and you would have to come to Greenfield to get them.
- Shipping is included in the prices from the distributors on the statewide list except the two in the RESOURCE GUIDE: Transmed and Westnet because they are manufacturers and have a different model. You will pay shipping on those.
- The COMMBUYS HELPDESK can help you through your order: 888-627-8283 or at OSDHelpDesk@mass.gov
There are four Statewide Contracts offering Rapid Test Antigen Kits:
|HSP41 Category 10
|Becton, Dickinson and Co (BD)|
|Pure Blue / Intrivo|
|McKesson (you have to set up an account with McKesson directly)|
|HSP41 Category 3 Manufacturer Direct|
We have attached the Slide Deck from the Presentation as well as the links provided. The OSD link called RESOURCE GUIDE has the info from various companies. Instead of attaching the file here, we’ve attached the links as it changes as more companies are added and they update availability information.